Paul Charles Morphy (1837-1884)
American chess player, considered the greatest of his time and unofficial World Chess Champion.
Bobby Fischer ranked him among the 10th best chess players of all time, “The Pride and Sorrow of Chess”.
Alexander Meek vs. Paul Morphy
An amazing chess endgame between Alexander Meek versus Paul Morphy. Morphy with the blacks proves his chess abilities and intuition
Paul Morphy’s problem
Play online Paul Morphy’s famous chess problem. White to move and mate in 2. How quickly can you solve this puzzle?
Aaron Nimzowitsch Adolf Anderssen Aleksandra Goryachkina Alexander Alekhine Alexandra Kosteniuk Anatoly Karpov Antoaneta Stefanova Bernhard Horwitz Bobby Fischer Boris Spassky Ding Liren Emanuel Lasker Fabiano Caruana Frank Marshall Garry Kasparov Gata Kamsky Georg Marco Hikaru Nakamura Hou Yifan Ian Nepomniachtchi Ilya Rabinovich Irina Krush Jan-Krzysztof Duda Jennifer Shahade Johannes Zukertort John Bartholomew Joseph Blackburn José Capablanca Judit Polgar Ju Wenjun Lauren Goodkind Levon Aronian Magnus Carlsen Max Euwe Mihkail Botvinnik Mikhail Tal Nigel Short Nona Gaprindashvili Paul Keres Paul Morphy Siegbert Tarrasch Susan Polgar Tigran Petrosian Valentina Gunina Vasily Smyslov Veselin Topalov Viktor Korchnoi Viswanathan Anand Vladimir Kramnik Wilhelm Steinitz
- Problem Chess: Art and Magic on the Chess Board (book review)
- Modern Chess Opening Repertoire for White
- Chess Research: Monetary Awards for University Students
- Fighting Draws in Texas Chess Games
- Do favorites win World Chess Championship qualifiers?
- Greatest World Chess Champion of All Time?
- FIDE Candidates Tournament and a new Norway Chess sweater
- An Earful of Chess