Most Active Players
Keep it real
We like to have fun. We do not like cheaters. We don’t like bullies either. If you see any abusive behavior, please report it. While we do not record matches, we do log metadata that we use for analysis and we monitor players’ stats. Cheating will result in temporary bans and score adjustment. Repeat offenders will be banned permanently.
Important: while we do allow for players to create multiple accounts, creating them with the sole purpose of playing against yourself to transfer points from one account to another is strictly forbidden. We hope some players will understand that spending time playing and learning chess is more rewarding than managing fake accounts and trying to conceal their locations.
SparkChess uses an Elo-based scoring system like the one used by chess federations. Read more about the way the score is calculated here.
The scores cannot be directly compared to FIDE Elo. By design, we use a different coefficient value (we use K=20, FIDE uses K=15) to make changes in scores more dynamic.
- The Leaderboards are updated hourly.
- Only active players are included in the leaderboards. A player is considered active if they played within the last 14 days.
- In the case of two identical scores, players are ranked by their victories.
- The Most Wins chart lists only players with at least 500 matches.
- The Top Countries chart uses a logarithmic scale and it’s best viewed in Chrome and Safari, followed by Firefox. Only players with at least one victory are included.