Georg Marco (1863-1923) was an Austrian chess player. He was born in Cernăuţi in Bukovina, which was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, then Romania and now Ukraine. He was secretary of the Vienna Chess Federation.
James Mason vs. Georg Marco
Georg Marco with black defeats James Mason in a game, Leipzig 1894.
Albert Pulitzer vs. Georg Marco
Play online this chess puzzle from Albert Pulitzer vs Georg Marco. White Mates in 2.
Aaron Nimzowitsch Adolf Anderssen Aleksandra Goryachkina Alexander Alekhine Alexandra Kosteniuk Anatoly Karpov Antoaneta Stefanova Bernhard Horwitz Bobby Fischer Boris Spassky Ding Liren Emanuel Lasker Fabiano Caruana Frank Marshall Garry Kasparov Gata Kamsky Georg Marco Hikaru Nakamura Hou Yifan Ian Nepomniachtchi Ilya Rabinovich Irina Krush Jan-Krzysztof Duda Jennifer Shahade Johannes Zukertort John Bartholomew Joseph Blackburn José Capablanca Judit Polgar Ju Wenjun Lauren Goodkind Levon Aronian Magnus Carlsen Max Euwe Mihkail Botvinnik Mikhail Tal Nigel Short Nona Gaprindashvili Paul Keres Paul Morphy Siegbert Tarrasch Susan Polgar Tigran Petrosian Valentina Gunina Vasily Smyslov Veselin Topalov Viktor Korchnoi Viswanathan Anand Vladimir Kramnik Wilhelm Steinitz
- Problem Chess: Art and Magic on the Chess Board (book review)
- Modern Chess Opening Repertoire for White
- Chess Research: Monetary Awards for University Students
- Fighting Draws in Texas Chess Games
- Do favorites win World Chess Championship qualifiers?
- Greatest World Chess Champion of All Time?
- FIDE Candidates Tournament and a new Norway Chess sweater
- An Earful of Chess