Georg Marco (1863-1923) was an Austrian chess player. He was born in Cernăuţi in Bukovina, which was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, then Romania and now Ukraine. He was secretary of the Vienna Chess Federation.
James Mason vs. Georg Marco
Georg Marco with black defeats James Mason in a game, Leipzig 1894.
Albert Pulitzer vs. Georg Marco
Play online this chess puzzle from Albert Pulitzer vs Georg Marco. White Mates in 2.
Aaron Nimzowitsch Adolf Anderssen Alexander Alekhine Alexandra Kosteniuk Alireza Firouzja Anatoly Karpov Anish Giri Antoaneta Stefanova Bernhard Horwitz Bobby Fischer Boris Spassky Ding Liren Emanuel Lasker Fabiano Caruana Frank Marshall Garry Kasparov Gata Kamsky Georg Marco Hikaru Nakamura Hou Yifan Ian Nepomniachtchi Ilya Rabinovich Irina Krush Jan-Krzysztof Duda Jennifer Shahade Johannes Zukertort John Bartholomew Joseph Blackburn José Capablanca Judit Polgar Ju Wenjun Lauren Goodkind Levon Aronian Magnus Carlsen Max Euwe Mihkail Botvinnik Mikhail Tal Nigel Short Nona Gaprindashvili Paul Keres Paul Morphy Richard Rapport Susan Polgar Tigran Petrosian Vasily Smyslov Veselin Topalov Viktor Korchnoi Viswanathan Anand Vladimir Kramnik Wilhelm Steinitz
- Albert W. Fox: A Chess Life On and Off the Board
- Is Hans Niemann the second-best classical chess player of 2022?
- A Chess Boom and a Viral Video
- The surprising benefits of online chess for seniors
- Interviewing Chess Grandmasters Hans Niemann and Vasyl Ivanchuk
- Memoir by Former UT Dallas Chess Coach Rade Milovanovic
- Chess Move Order Mystery
- Understanding Pawn Endgames (book review)