Downloading and installing the Full Version
Are you interested in downloading SparkChess for PC, Mac, Chrome or Android? Have you encountered any issue? Most users can download and start playing chess right away, but just in case you’re having some problems, check this section.
SparkChess for Chrome does not work correctly
Google is changing the way Chrome Apps work. A combination of Chrome bugs and application format changes left us unable to update SparkChess Full Version. The existing version will misbehave in future versions of Chrome.
Still, we want you to keep enjoying SparkChess. You can either migrate to the desktop version of SparkChess for either Windows or Mac OS X, or you can play SparkChess in any browser, just not as a Chrome app. Please contact us, letting us know which solution you’d prefer.
We’re really sorry for the inconveniences but we’re doing everything in our power to support you.
SparkChess Lite for Chrome remains unaffected by the changes and we’ll keep supporting it.
I want SparkChess for Chrome but I’m directed to purchase it for Windows
Given the number of operating systems and devices SparkChess is available on, we’re trying to find the best match for you automatically. If you are on PC or Mac, you’ll be directed to buy the native app for your platform. We do not have a Chrome Premium app, but we do have a Premium Live version of SparkChess that works in any browser with Flash Player 12 or later installed. Go to the All Platforms page and choose ‘Live Browser’ version.
If you have already purchased SparkChess for Windows or Mac and want it exchanged with Premium Live, please contact us.
I purchased SparkChess but I still see the free version when I play
You’re probably launching the free version by mistake. Don’t worry, it happens.
Let’s review the possibilities:
- if you purchased SparkChess for PC or Mac, you no longer need to play the game in your browser. You must locate the downloaded game and install it on your computer. Use CTRL/CMD+J from your browser to see the Download History and look for a file containing the word “sparkchess”, e.g. sparkchess7-setup.exe on PC or sparkchess7.pkg on Mac.
- On Android, pay attention to the game icons. The free version has the word “LITE” on the bottom right of the icon; the full version does not. Launch the Full Version (you can safely delete the free version to save up space).
How do I install SparkChess on Android?
The preferred installation method is through Google Play.
We used to offer the game directly through our site so the following applies only for those who bought SparkChess directly from us: To install SparkChess on Android you must set your tablet/phone to accept installations from outside Google Play. Go to Settings → Applications and check the Unknown Sources option if it’s not already selected. Then you may download the SparkChess APK file either on a computer or directly on the Android device and tap on it to install.
How can I upgrade to the latest version?
If you own an older version, you can upgrade using this upgrade form.
I downloaded the game but I can’t find it. Do I need to buy it again?
No. Start by either
- looking at your Downloads History (press CTRL+J / CMD+J in your browser to see the list) or
- looking into your Downloads folder or
- searching your computer files for “sparkchess”.
If you can’t find it or in the event you lost all the information on your computer, please contact us. At a minimum we’ll need the email address you used when purchasing but providing more details (payment method, transaction ID, receipt) will help speed up the process.