How do I add, approve or remove members on my team?
For security and privacy reasons, players must personally ask to join a team. You can send them instructions on how to do this.
If you’re a teacher or chess instructor working with children, please contact us. We can create accounts for your class and assign them to your team if they all use SparkChess Premium.
When users request to join your team, they must first be approved by you. To approve them, you’ll need to do the following:
- Click the Account button in the invitation window. Your Account Window will be displayed.
- At the bottom of the Account Window, you’ll see some buttons. Click on Team.
- Now you’ll see your Team page, with its name, description as well as a list of existing (and pending) members.
- Pending members are shown first, along with some brief statistics, highlighted and with two buttons next to them: a “check mark” for approval and a “cross” for rejecting.
- To remove (“kick”) an existing player from the team, click on it on the list. A “cross” icon will appear. When you click it, the player will be removed from the team. Note: you cannot remove yourself in this way!