Max Walter vs Lasker, Ostrava, 1923. Lasker with the black wins in 3. Play, solve and comment
If the main reason you play chess is because you want to have fun, then just play the openings you find interesting and exciting. In that case, the Open Sicilian will keep you entertained for several lifetimes.
On the other hand, if you’re serious about wanting to improve, then developing an opening repertoire will become an important part of your campaign.
Latest Chess Puzzle
SparkChess in news
- SparkChess demoed by Google for Chrome OS – the article is about Chrome OS and Chrome notebooks, but SparkChess, with its pretty graphics and impressive functionality was the the highlight of the presentation.
- Q&A with SparkChess’ author – an interview conducted by Adobe with many technical insights.
- SparkChess – top app on Chrome Web store – an article on The Independent
- Sharpen Your Chess Game – a review of flashCHESS III (the old SparkChess) on Lifehacker
- The Best Online Sources to Play and Learn Chess – another old review of the old SparkChess (flashCHESS III) as well as other sites.
Useful Chess sites
- ChessGuide.com – Chess directory with categorized links to Chess sites, software, news, leagues, tournaments and more.
- For chess sets, chess boards and over 400 other chess items, ChessBaron is a straighforward, honest and innovative chess retailer serving the chess market. It’s situated in the UK and delivers worldwide.
- For in-depth analysis of chess openings and chess strategy, there is no better place than The Chess Website.
- Online chess lessons with Chess Master William Stuart