Try to solve this online chess puzzle. It is a difficult one. White to move and wins after an unusual 8th movement. Play, solve and comment
After the game, Magnus Carlsen declared that “I was very happy with the opening, obviously. You cannot expect more than what I had for sure.” With few rounds remaining, a tie-break becomes a distinct possibility, where Carslen is considered the favorite. Despite the anticlimactic draw, a new record was set: the longest streak of games ending in draw in a chess championship match!
Magnus Carlsen: “After the last game it kind of felt like I got away with murder. In that sense it’s easier to be calm about a draw today. I’m not loving it, but I’m not in any sort of panic mode either. Could have been worse. The match is still equal and with black, it’s been going OK. I’m not at all thrilled about my play today.”
Latest Chess Puzzle
SparkChess in news
- Buzzfeed thinks you should try SparkChess as a hobby.
- SparkChess demoed by Google for Chrome OS – the article is about Chrome OS and Chrome notebooks, but SparkChess, with its pretty graphics and impressive functionality was the the highlight of the presentation.
- Q&A with SparkChess’ author – an interview conducted by Adobe with many technical insights.
- SparkChess – top app on Chrome Web store – an article on The Independent
- Sharpen Your Chess Game – a review of flashCHESS III (the old SparkChess) on Lifehacker
- The Best Online Sources to Play and Learn Chess – another old review of the old SparkChess (flashCHESS III) as well as other sites.
Useful Chess sites
- ChessGuide.com – Chess directory with categorized links to Chess sites, software, news, leagues, tournaments and more.
- For chess sets, chess boards and over 400 other chess items, ChessBaron is a straighforward, honest and innovative chess retailer serving the chess market. It’s situated in the UK and delivers worldwide.
- For in-depth analysis of chess openings and chess strategy, there is no better place than The Chess Website.
- Online chess lessons with Chess Master William Stuart