More about SparkChess
- SparkChess demoed by Google for Chrome OS - the article is about Chrome OS and Chrome notebooks, but SparkChess, with its pretty graphics and impressive functionality was the the highlight of the presentation.
- Q&A with SparkChess' author - an interview conducted by Adobe with many technical insights.
- SparkChess - top app on Chrome Web store - an article on The Independent
- How to Manage Your Mind at the Board by George Zeigler
General Chess information
- Official Chess Rules
Some questions pop up from time to time - especially about castling, en-passant and promotion rules. If you're in doubt, please consult the Official Chess Laws at FIDE.
- History of Chess
Ever wondered how this game managed to spread around the world and be played for more than a thousand years? Read to find out.
- Defending Humanity's Honor, by Tim Krabbé
An article that looks at the inherent limitations of computer chess.
Chess directory with categorized links to Chess sites, software, news, leagues, tournaments and more.
if you want to build your own chess engine, the next links could be useful:
- Strategy and board game programming
- A list of chess engines
- Algorithms used by Chess engines:
- AS3, Chess and the quest for performance
- For chess sets, chess boards and over 400 other chess items, ChessBaron is a straighforward, honest and innovative chess retailer serving the chess market. It's situated in the UK and delivers worldwide.
- For in-depth analysis of chess openings and chess strategy, there is no better place than The Chess Website.
- Online chess lessons with Chess Master William Stuart