Most Active Players
Keep it real
We’ve done some end-of-year cleaning. Users who cheat systematically can expect to have their scores dramatically adjusted. Two users, one with 17 accounts and another with 23, who’ve been using a devious scheme had their accounts set to Elo 2000 and were banned for a week. We had to adjust a few other accounts as the cheaters caused in inflation effect on all scores.
We like to have fun. We do not like cheaters. We don’t like bullies either. If you see any abusive behavior, please report it. While we do not record matches, we do log metadata that we use for analysis and we monitor players’ stats. Cheating will result in temporary bans and score adjustment. Repeat offenders will be banned permanently.
SparkChess uses an Elo-based scoring system like the one used by chess federations. Read more about the way the score is calculated here.
The scores cannot be directly compared to FIDE Elo. By design, we use a different coefficient value (we use K=20, FIDE uses K=15) to make changes in scores more dynamic.
- The Leaderboards are updated hourly.
- Only active players are included in the leaderboards. A player is considered active if they played within the last 14 days.
- In the case of two identical scores, players are ranked by their victories.
- The Most Wins chart lists only players with at least 500 games.
- The Top Countries chart uses a logarithmic scale and it’s best viewed in Chrome and Safari, followed by Firefox. Only players with at least one victory are included.